An area is under lockdown. The Ministry of Health this morning, June 7 reported 44 new domestic Covid-19 cases - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The number of domestic Covid-19 cases in Vietnam rose by 44 this morning, June 7, with Bac Giang reporting the most, taking the country’s tally to 8,791, according to the Ministry of Health.
Among the new locally-infected cases, which were detected at quarantine facilities or in areas under lockdown, Bac Giang Province had 24 cases, raising its total number of infections to 3,113 in the fourth wave of Covid-19, while HCMC confirmed 12, Bac Ninh Province reported six and Ha Nam saw two.
Since April 27 when the fourth wave began, the country has reported 5,665 domestic Covid-19 cases in 39 provinces and cities. On June 6, as many as 5,244 people were vaccinated against Covid-19 in six provinces and cities.
In another development, after reporting seven locally-infected cases in Ha Tinh City and Thanh Ha District, Ha Tinh Province on June 6 issued an order suspending events, meetings and conferences which attract many people, for immediate effect until further notice to prevent the Covid-19 spread.
Besides, the province also suspended religious events and wedding parties, while asking residents to reduce the number of guests at funerals and strictly follow Covid-19 safety measures, including masking, disinfection, social distancing and health declaration.
- All 39 new Covid-19 cases detected in quarantine areas
- 60 more new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- Four provinces report 80 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam adds 102 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Ha Tinh, Tien Giang report first Covid-19 cases
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Vietnam reports 56 domestic Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces