Moderate and heavy rains and thunderstorms are expected to hit the capital city of Hanoi from the evening of June 6. (Image for illustration. Photo: VOV)
NDO - The northern region and Thanh Hoa Province will suffer moderate to heavy rains and thunderstorms on a large scale from the afternoon of June 6 until June 8, according to the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.
Common rainfall is expected to measure 100-200mm per period and over 250mm in some places. Tornadoes, lightning and strong winds are likely to occur during the thunderstorms.
The low-lying areas in the provinces of Lai Chau, Dien Bien and Son La will face risks of flash floods, landslides and flooding, particularly in the districts of Muong Te and Nam Nhon in Lai Chau as well as Yen Chau and Moc Chau in Son La.
Moderate and heavy rains and thunderstorms are expected to hit the capital city of Hanoi from the evening of June 6.
The northern region continues to be warned of thunderstorms from June 9-11, with moderate to heavy rains locally.
- Country to experience torrential rains on large scale
- Heavy rains cause damages in Lao Cai Province
- Scorching weather continues in southern Vietnam as unseasonal rains reduce
- Heavy rain, flash floods ravage mountain province
- Heavy downpours, landslides ravage Lai Chau province
- India daily weather forecast latest February 4 Widespread rain snow with thunderstorms lightning and hail expected in some regions
- Flash floods leave eight dead and missing, seven injured in Northern region
- India weather forecast latest January 15 Scattered Rains thunderstorms in Tamil Nadu Kerala while isolated showers to cover Karnataka Andhra
- India daily weather forecast latest February 21 Scattered to fairly widespread rainfall snowfall with isolated thunderstorms lightning and hail