A medical worker sprays disinfectant to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Ministry of Health this morning, June 6 reported 39 domestic Covid-19 cases in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and HCMC - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, June 6 detected 39 new domestic Covid-19 cases at quarantine facilities or in areas under lockdown in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and HCMC.
Among the latest cases, Bac Giang Province accounted for the most, 21, followed by HCMC with 10 and Bac Ninh eight.
As of today, Vietnam had 1,551 imported cases and 7,029 locally-infected Covid-19 cases, with 5,459 domestic cases reported since April 27.
Among 39 provinces and cities hit by Covid-19 in the fourth coronavirus wave, 15 localities have undergone 14 consecutive days without any new domestic Covid-19 cases.
Speaking at a ceremony to launch a Covid-19 vaccine fund on June 5, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that over two million doses of Covid-19 vaccines had been used in Vietnam.
To gain access to Covid-19 vaccines from various sources to make Vietnam reach herd immunity this year, the ministry is enhancing its efforts, holding over 200 discussions, negotiations and working sessions with international drugmakers and vaccine manufacturers.
In related news, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said in a telegram on the same day that the provinces and cities must tighten control over sources of infection, facilitate goods transportation and not ban markets to make life easy for production and daily activities.
PM Chinh asked the provinces and cities to reach a consensus on transport management and quarantine imposition on people arriving from Covid-19-hit areas, the local media reported.
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- Four provinces report 80 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry confirms 77 new Covid-19 cases
- 52 more domestic Covid-19 cases reported
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- Vietnam reports 56 domestic Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Vietnam adds 102 cases to Covid-19 tally