NDO/VNA - An additional 83 cases of COVID-19 were reported over the past 6 hours to 6pm June 5, raising the national tally to 8,541, according to the Health Ministry.
Of the new cases, three returned from abroad, and 80 are locally-infected, including 39 in Bac Giang, 28 in Bac Ninh, 6 in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Ha Nam.
With the latest cases announced, the number of cases detected in the past 24 hours totalled 254, of which local infections stood at 246. Bac Giang remained the biggest hotspot with 149 cases.
The number of cases recorded in the latest wave of outbreaks since April 27 rose to 5,420.
A total 3,310 patients have been given the all-clear, while the death toll rose to 53, most of whom suffering from serious underlying illnesses.
Fifteen provinces have passed 15 days without any new case detected.
- COVID-19: 77 cases reported over 12 hours
- Vietnam logs 94 COVID-19 cases during June 5 morning
- COVID-19: No new cases reported over past 12 hours
- Vietnam logs 79 domestic COVID-19 infections on June 3 afternoon
- No new COVID-19 cases over 12 hours, death toll at 25
- May 9 morning sees 15 new domestic cases of COVID-19
- Vietnam records 15 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- 127 new COVID-19 cases reported on May 16 morning
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on May 2 morning