NDO/VNA - The Fund for Vaccination Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 has so far received over VND 264.8 billion, US$ 8,700 and EUR 2,700 (totally US$ 11.68 million), according to its management board.
On June 4 alone it received about VND 160.9 billion, US$ 5,370 and EUR 720 (nearly US$7 million).
The fund is scheduled to officially make its debut on June 5 in Hanoi at an event to be attended by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, officials from the Vietnam Fatherland Front, ministries, sectors, and socio-political organisations, and representatives of the people and the business community.
The fund has been set up to receive, manage, and use voluntary financial and vaccine donations and assistance from domestic and foreign organisations and individuals along with other legal sources for COVID-19 vaccine procurement and import, internal research and production, and provision.
Managed by the Ministry of Finance, the non-profit fund will use the capital mobilised in line with legal regulations, ensuring publicity, transparency, and efficiency. It is subject to examination, inspection, and audit by relevant State agencies and supervision by the Vietnam Fatherland Front and the community.
According to Director of the Ministry of Finance’s State Budget Department Vo Thanh Hung, the Ministry of Health has said Vietnam needs 150 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine costing VND25.2 trillion (US$ 1.1 billion) to inoculate the roughly 75 million people needed to reach herd immunity.
- PM suggests forming COVID-19 vaccine fund
- Gov t approves COVID 19 vaccine fund
- Covid-19 vaccine fund expected to receive large contributions
- Vietnam Covid vaccine fund receives $4.4 mln in 1st week
- PM initiates forming of Covid 19 vaccine fund
- Vietnam will set-up $1.1 bln COVID-19 vaccine fund to acquire 150 million doses
- Vietnam to have 110 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine by the end of 2021
- Vietnam to have over 120 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021
- SSIAM VN30 exchang-traded fund officially listed on HOSE