- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health confirmed 87 new community transmissions Friday evening, raising the number of local cases in the nation’s fourth Covid-19 wave to 5,175.
The new patients were recorded in Covid-19 hotspots Bac Giang (62), HCMC (15) and Bac Ninh(10).
The cases in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh are related to outbreaks in their industrial parks.
Among the cases detected in HCMC, 13 are linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, a self-described Christian congregation, and one is related to a previously confirmed Covid-19 patient. The transmission source for the remaining one has not yet been established.
Also Friday, Vietnam confirmed its 50th Covid-19 death.
Since the fourth wave broke out on April 27, Vietnam has recorded 5,175 local cases in 37 localities. Thirteen provinces have not recorded any new case in 14 days.
This article was originally published in VNExpress
- Vietnam detects 49 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam records 173 new internal Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 82 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam detects 89 cases to local Covid tally
- Vietnam confirms 117 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports another 48 domestic cases and first Covid death in Saigon
- Vietnam records 22 more local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports another 128 local Covid-19 cases