Food is provided to people in a local centralized quarantine center, and models of G-Track wristbands (inset), which are expected to be piloted next week – PHOTO: LDO
HCMC – Specialized wristbands to manage people undergoing quarantine are expected to be piloted next week, said Do Cong Anh, deputy head of the Authority of Information Technology Application under the Ministry of Information and Communications.
On June 4, G-Innovations announced it had successfully produced the wristbands, called G-Track, which will issue warnings if users move out of quarantine areas or take off the devices, the local media reported.
The waterproof devices also help check the body temperature, detect altitude changes and calculate the calorie consumption.
They can also provide information about the places visited by wristband users, including floors in a building.
There are two kinds of the wristbands, which use the Global Positioning System technology or Bluetooth.
They are proposed to be provided to immigrants and those under quarantine both at centralized centers and at home to reduce the workload of pandemic frontline workers.
In the initial stage, G-Innovations will offer 2,000 wristbands at no charge.
Anh said the products will help manage those undergoing quarantine at home. In the future, F1 cases with a low risk of transmission can use the devices and be quarantined at home, instead of at centralized quarantine facilities, to prevent the risk of cross infection.
At first, the products will be provided to workers of industrial and export processing zones.
The Ministry of Information and Communications had earlier said the battery of the device could last for 30 days and would be priced at VND800,000 each.
According to G-Innovations, it has urged the Ministry of Information and Communications to ask the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control to approve the products so that the company can prepare for their production on a larger scale and put them into use widely next quarter.
- Vietnam to test tracking wristbands for quarantine management as new Covid wave tally tops 5,000
- 2G and 3G devices will no longer be in commercial circulation in Vietnam next year
- Vietnam considers to use tracking bracelets for quarantined people
- Artificial Intelligence in medical imaging piloted in three Hanoi hospitals
- New helicopter tour piloted in world heritage site Ninh Binh
- Bac Ninh told to mull over quarantining F1 cases at home
- Dive boat service piloted in Nha Trang
- Double-decker tour buses piloted in two more localities
- Ministries, agencies told to facilitate deployment of tech solutions in Covid-19 fight