Residents in an apartment building in HCMC’s Thu Duc City have their sample taken for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has reported 52 new Covid-19 cases in four northern localities - PHOTO: THANH HA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, June 4, confirmed 52 fresh domestic Covid-19 infections in four northern localities of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Hanoi and Thai Binh.
Of the total, 35 cases were detected in Bac Giang, 14 in Bac Ninh, two in Hanoi and one in Thai Binh.
Thus, 39 days after the pandemic resurged in Vietnam, the country’s Covid-19 tally has surpassed 5,000. Since April 27, 5,007 Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in 37 localities nationwide.
Among the two cases in Hanoi, one tested positive for Covid-19 after returning from HCMC on May 30. The man visited a real estate company at 326 Vo Van Kiet Street in District 1, which has recorded three Covid-19 cases linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission.
The Hanoi Center for Disease Control has announced to look for people on the same flight with the man, which is the VN220 flight landing at Hanoi-based Noi Bai International Airport at 10:10 p.m. on June 30.
In related news, 5,400 cameras have been installed at quarantine facilities nationwide, including over 2,400 cameras installed by VNPT in the localities from Danang to the south and 3,000 others installed by Viettel in northern localities.
In Bac Giang alone, 1,000 cameras have been equipped at 130 quarantine centers.
The camera installation will help reduce supervisors at quarantine facilities, while agencies in charge of combating the pandemic can still manage quarantine facilities around the clock.
- Vietnam adds 102 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Most of new Covid-19 infections recorded in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- 68 fresh domestic Covid-19 cases reported
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- HCMC records 22 new suspected Covid-19 cases linked to religious sect
- Health Ministry reports 143 new Covid-19 patients, 29 in HCMC
- Bac Giang accounts for most of Vietnam’s new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam reports 56 new Covid-19 cases in six northern localities Monday morning