Medical workers handle samples for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported 57 new Covid-19 cases, including 56 domestic infections and one imported case, on Thursday morning - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC - The Ministry of Health confirmed 56 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces, this morning, June 3.
Among them, 32 were detected in Bac Giang, 20 in Bac Ninh, three in Lang Son and one in Hai Duong.
The country has recorded 4,781 local infections in 37 cities and provinces in the fourth Covid-19 wave since April 27. Fourteen localities have spent over two weeks without new Covid-19 cases.
The Health Ministry also reported an imported Covid-19 case in the southern province of Tay Ninh. The patient is a woman that returned to the country through the Moc Bai International Border Gate on May 31.
With 57 new cases confirmed this morning, Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 7,870. The country has vaccinated over 1.1 million people against Covid-19, including 11,733 people vaccinated on June 2.
AstraZeneca has handed over 288,000 doses of its Covid-19 vaccine to the Vietnam Vaccine JSC. These vaccine doses arrived in Vietnam on May 25 and will be delivered to Covid-19 hotspots.
Bac Giang remained the country’s biggest Covid-19 hotspot with 2,565 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 927 cases.
More than 5,000 workers of 12 enterprises in Bac Giang have returned to work after the province reopened industrial zones.
The local authorities have begun to send 4,000 workers and residents in Nui Hieu Hamlet, Quang Chau Commune, Viet Yen District to quarantine centers. The area will be disinfected later.
In Bac Ninh, 140 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered, including 36 people discharged from the hospital yesterday. The provincial government has asked districts to tighten control over the operations of industrial zones.
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Bac Giang’s Covid-19 tally crosses 1,000
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 25 new covid-19 cases on thursday morning
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Fifty-eight new Covid-19 cases reported in six localities
- Vietnam reports one imported Covid-19 case