A Covid-19 checkpoint in Ha Tinh Province’s Thach Ha District. Vietnam reported a triple-digit spike in Covid-19 cases this evening, June 2 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam reported a triple-digit spike in Covid-19 cases this evening, June 2, with 10 imported cases and 128 domestic infections, said the Ministry of Health.
The 10 imported cases were placed in quarantine upon their arrival in HCMC and the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang.
As for the locally-infected cases, the biggest coronavirus hotspot of Bac Giang reported 74 cases, HCMC recorded 31 cases, Bac Ninh Province had 16, Hanoi reported six, and Hai Duong Province had one case.
The fresh infections sent the country’s tally to 7,813 cases as of now, with 6,294 being locally-transmitted cases.
In the face of the complicated Covid-19 development, many localities nationwide have taken measures to prevent the fast spread of the disease, including the central province of Ha Tinh.
The government of Ha Tinh has demanded that non-essential meetings, sports and cultural events, religious activities will be restricted starting today.
For compulsory events, organizers must ensure the full compliance with Covid-19 safety measures such as masking, disinfection, social distancing and the number of participants of each event not exceeding 100.
Local competent forces in the province were told to check and tackle any organization or individual that breaks Covid-19 safety rules.
In related news, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long this afternoon announced that Russia agreed to supply 20 million doses of the Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam this year. This is the positive result of negotiations between the two countries, reported VnExpress.
- Vietnam witnesses triple-digit Covid-19 spike
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- Bac Giang remains biggest Covid-19 hotspot with 78 new cases
- Bac Giang accounts for most of Vietnam’s new coronavirus infections
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases