A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country’s Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country’s Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- One Covid-19 patient dies
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Five Covid-19 patients put on ECMO machines
- 22-year-old woman dies of Covid-19
- One more patient dies of Covid-19
- Two Covid-19-related deaths confirmed on Monday morning
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- Vietnam’s 46th Covid-19 death announced