HCMC has suspended three more waterway transport routes - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - The Department of Transport of HCMC has issued an urgent document on strengthening measures to control the Covid-19 pandemic with regard to waterway transport routes across the city.
The department proposed suspending the transport of passengers to Hoi Son – Phuoc Long pagoda (Thu Duc City), the Noi Temple (Go Vap District) and the Binh Dong Communal House (District 8) for riverside ferry terminals to the aforementioned destinations, beginning May 31.
The suspension is applicable until further notice. These wharfs will only be used by those from the temple with essential travel needs.
The department proposed the People’s Committee of Thu Duc City and related districts coordinate in strengthening inspection and strictly disciplining violators as part of the prevention and control of the Covid-19 pandemic within the area under their management, especially at wharfs and domestic ferry terminals.
For terminals Binh Khanh and Cat Lai and other operating riverside wharfs, they are required to adhere to anti-pandemic safety regulations.
Transporting units must ensure that transportation does not exceed over 50% of their capacity and that masks are mandatorily worn.
The means of transportation must be equipped with disinfectant and are required to be disinfected before and after each trip and at the end of the day, the local media reported.
Previously, the department also announced the suspension of the high-speed boat transporting passengers via waterways from the Bach Dang terminal to Can Gio, Vung Tau and vice versa.
This period of suspension will last until Covid-19 is brought under control and normal activities are resumed.
- HCMC suspends several bus routes amid fears over Covid-19 spread
- HCMC suspends speedboat route due to Covid-19
- Ho Chi Minh City launches first waterway tourism route
- Southern city pours capital in inland waterway wharves
- Ho Chi Minh City to launch three new waterway routes
- HCMC proposes to continue managing terminals at Bach Dang Wharf
- HCMC’s eastern city transport development needs $13 billion
- COVID-19: Transport routes to/from Da Nang operate normally
- HCMC to improve access to public transport