The Ministry of Finance raised VND 5 billion (US$ 217,700) for the COVID-19 vaccine fund and anti-pandemic efforts.
NDO/VNA - A large number of State agencies and enterprises have made donations to the fight against COVID-19 over the last few days as the country is exerting every effort to contain the latest outbreak.
On June 1, the Party Committee of the Central Agencies Bloc organised a fundraising programme where each staff member contributed at least one day’s salary to the fight against COVID-19.
At a similar event on the same day, the Ministry of Finance raised VND 5 billion (US$ 217,700) for the COVID-19 vaccine fund and anti-pandemic efforts.
The Vietnam News Agency also held a programme on May 31 to call for aid for the fight, donating VND 450 million to help procure vaccines and medical supplies and assist quarantine sites and COVID-19 treatment centres.
The Commission for the Management of State Capital at Enterprises launched a fundraising campaign on the same day.
Since April 27, many businesses under the commission have made contributions to disease prevention and control activities, including Vietnam Electricity (EVN), with VND 37.6 billion, the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) with VND 50 billion, and the Vietnam National Petroleum Group (Petrolimex) with VND 6 billion. Vietnam Airlines has transported healthcare personnel, vaccines, and vaccination materials free of charge.
At a May 27 event held by the VFF Central Committee to call for support for the COVID-19 fight, State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc stressed that the country is now in need of contributions from every person, and appealed to citizens from all social strata both at home and abroad, businesses in all economic sectors, organisations, religious practitioners, and people from other countries to join hands with the entire Party, people, and army to defeat the pandemic.
- Nhan Dan Newspaper donates VND200 million to Covid-19 fight
- Haul of medical supplies donated to OVs in RoK to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- PM initiates forming of Covid 19 vaccine fund
- PM suggests forming COVID-19 vaccine fund
- Gov t approves COVID 19 vaccine fund
- Nhan Dan Newspaper donates VND200 million to Covid-19 fighting effort
- Enterprises and the healthcare front
- ADB approves USD2 million grant to support Armenia’s fight against COVID-19
- Health Ministry gives support to two central hospitals in COVID-19 fight