32 cases were recorded in Bac Giang, nine in Bac Ninh, eight in Lang Son and one in Long An.
All the cases in Bac Giang are associated with existing coronavirus outbreaks at the province’s industrial parks and have been quarantined.
Two cases in Bac Ninh had made contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients, while five others were associated with outbreaks either in the community or industrial parks. Two cases were detected thanks to Covid-19 screening.
Related: Vietnam logs 111 new Covid cases, half linked to religious mission in Saigon. Incoming international flights to Hanoi suspended
Four of the cases in Lang Son made contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients, while the other four are associated with outbreaks at industrial parks.
The case in Long An is a 22-year-old man returning from a two-day internship in HCMC. Authorities are conducting contact tracing to determine his infection source. He’s being treated at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
Over a month into its fourth wave, which is by far the most challenging that Vietnam has encountered, the country has recorded 4,407 cases in 36 of its 63 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang is leading the case count with 2,329 infections, followed by neighbor Bac Ninh with 866, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam logs 111 new Covid cases, half linked to religious mission in Saigon. Incoming international flights to Hanoi suspended
- Vietnam detects 49 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam records 173 new internal Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 117 new Covid-19 cases
- HCMC records 22 new suspected Covid-19 cases linked to religious sect
- Vietnam reports 82 more local Covid cases
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19
- Vietnam confirms another 48 domestic Covid-19 infections