A medical worker collects the samples of a worker for Covid-19 testing. The health authorities in Tra Vinh Province recently reported one suspected case of Covid-19 who was linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, a religious sect in HCMC’s Go Vap District - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The health authorities in Tra Vinh Province just reported one suspected case of Covid-19 that was linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, a religious sect in HCMC’s Go Vap District.
According to the province’s anti-Covid-19 steering committee, this is the first locally-infected case in the province during the latest resurgence of Covid-19. The suspected case is under quarantine and treatment at a Covid-19 field hospital in the province’s Chau Thanh District and his health condition is stable.
The suspected case is a college student living in a boarding house in Alley 80/59, Duong Quang Ham Street, Ward 5, Go Vap District. On May 21, he was taken on a motorbike by his friend to the Mien Tay Coach Station where he caught a passenger coach to his hometown in Tra Vinh’s Cau Ke Town.
He underwent a Covid-19 test and was placed under quarantine on May 29. He tested positive the following day.
Around 20 people who had close contact with him in the province took a Covid-19 test and were sent into quarantine. The southern province has continued to trace those linked to the suspected case and asked them to self-quarantine at home. His house was also put under lockdown.
Up to now, HCMC has reported nearly 150 cases linked to the religious sect, including four cases in neighboring Long An Province and two cases in Daklak and Bac Lieu provinces.
- Charges filed against Covid-19 transmission case involving religious sect
- HCMC records 22 new suspected Covid-19 cases linked to religious sect
- 12 more suspected Covid-19 cases detected in HCMC
- 25 people linked to religious sect in HCMC infected with Covid-19
- HCDC confirms six new suspected Covid-19 cases
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19
- Vinh Phuc reports eight suspected cases of Covid-19
- 68 fresh domestic Covid-19 cases reported
- Hanoi locks down area linked to suspected COVID-19 case