The NFVC has called for aid to children who affected by COVID-19 pandemic. (Image for illustration)
NDO – The National Fund for Vietnamese Children (NFVC) has called for the support from organisations and individuals in the country and abroad to children who affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Minister of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung, Vietnam has had 198 children infected with COVID-19 epidemic, accounting for around 6% of total infections; and 3,915 others being quarantined nationwide.
He also added that this number is likely to rise due to the increase of quarantines in industrial parks and export processing zones in the coming time. Many of them are living in extremely difficult circumstances.
The Ministry and NFVC decided to provide children aged 0-16 who are infected with COVID-19 and isolated with free meals.
The donations can be sent to the NFVC at 35 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi or transferred via the account number 001.0.00.0000355 at the Transaction Office of Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank).
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) held a ceremony on May 31 to mobilise the aid from its staff to the COVID-19 prevention and control.
The SBV's staff giving donations to the Fund for COVID-19 prevention and control.
Accordingly, the raised funds will be donated to the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund; frontline units in the prevention and control of epidemic; programmes on hunger radication and poverty reduction, building new-style rural areas and overcoming consequences of natural disasters; and other social welfare activities.
Since the early 2021, the banking sector has given supports of around VND500 billion (over US$21.7 million) to COVID-19 prevention and control.
* On the same day, the Phuoc An Forestry Two Member Limited Company in Krong Pak district, the Central Highland province of Dak Lak granted two ventilators on treatment of COVID-19 patients worth VND190 million (nearly US$8,300) and 50,000 medical face masks to the Central Highland Regional General Hospital.
- Prudential, National Fund for Vietnamese Children provide eye checks at primary schools
- More than 500 parents and children attend the inaugural “Sinh Con, Sinh Cha” workshop
- Generali Vietnam supports parents and children in Mekong Delta and Central Highlands
- Program calls for support to poor students nationwide
- Campaign encourages children to find funs at home amid COVID-19
- Children are given gifts as Mid-autumn festival nears
- Fine arts contest for children launched
- Blind man gets help from readers to raise children
- Song competition launched to raise awareness over child labor