Workers eat at the canteen of the Hoa Khanh industrial park in Danang City. The Mekong Delta province of Long An has suspended passenger transport services from today, May 29, until further notice, while Danang City is closely monitoring industrial parks - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Mekong Delta province of Long An has suspended passenger transport services from today, May 29, until further notice, while Danang City is closely watching industrial parks (IPs) to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
On May 28, the Long An Department of Transport ordered the suspension of passenger transport services in the province due to the rapid spread of the virus, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
The decision came after the province detected the first locally-infected case in the latest outbreak of the disease on the same day.
Besides, the number of passengers plunged over the past few days, forcing many transport operators to propose suspending the services.
Under the order, vehicles with scheduled interprovincial services and local commuter buses in Long An Province must suspend their operations, while contract cars were banned from using more than 50% of their seats and carrying over 20 persons at a time. They were also asked to comply with safety protocols and make a list of passengers on board.
In addition, the provincial department asked those traveling from Cho Lon Bus Station in HCMC to Long An Bus Station to make health declarations, the local media reported.
Speaking at a meeting with the Danang steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control on May 28, Danang Vice Chairman Le Quang Nam ordered the city’s departments, agencies and districts to be watchful and to keep safety measures in place.
The competent agencies were asked to regularly check compliance with anti-Covid-19 regulations at industrial parks and impose harsh sanctions on violators.
Meanwhile, residents were told to avoid mass gatherings.
Health agencies and competent forces were tasked with continuing to monitor people under mandatory quarantine and those who have fully recovered from Covid-19, while conducting the second test for workers at the An Don industrial park.
Since April 27, Danang City has reported 155 community-transmitted cases of Covid-19. There are also 1,532 people sent into isolation because they came into close contact with positive cases.
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- Quang Nam, Quang Tri suspend passenger transport services to virus-hit localities
- Vietnam suspends all flights from and to Covid-19 hit province
- Quang Ninh authorities tell students to stay home, suspends passenger transport following detection of COVID-19 case
- Suspension of flights from and to Danang extended
- Ha Tinh, Quang Nam suspend interprovincial passenger coaches
- More bus routes in HCM City suspended
- Danang: Companies pay for workplace Covid-19 testing
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days