Residents in Go Vap District’s Ward 15 wait to have their samples taken for Covid-19 testing. HCMC has reported six new suspected Covid-19 cases - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – The HCMC Center for Disease Control this morning, May 29, reported that six more people have tested positive for Covid-19, including five linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission in Go Vap District and one in close contact with a couple from Tan Phu District.
The six had been quarantined earlier, the local media reported.
Over the past three days, the city has detected two new outbreaks with 68 cases in 12 districts. Of these, 63 people were related to the Revival Ekklesia Mission.
The city will continue tracing those in close contact with patients and taking their samples for Covid-19 testing.
Relating to the outbreak in Go Vap, 50,000 people in the district, mainly in Ward 15, have had their samples taken since last night.
The move was made after the testing results of five sample groups taken from those in the areas under lockdown in Ward 15 came back positive.
To take such a large number of samples, the HCMC Department of Health has mobilized many medical workers together with some 150 staffers from large hospitals in the city, such as Gia Dinh Hospital, Children's Hospital No.1, HCMC Eye Hospital, Hospital of Dermato Venereology, and Blood Transfusion and Hematology Hospital.
The local authorities have arranged eight sites to take the group samples, with 5,000-6,000 people in each site.
- 12 more suspected Covid-19 cases detected in HCMC
- 25 people linked to religious sect in HCMC infected with Covid-19
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case
- Vinh Phuc reports eight suspected cases of Covid-19
- New Covid-19 cases surge by 174
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Danang puts industrial park on lockdown as 30 Covid-19 cases detected
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19
- Health Ministry confirms 50 fresh Covid-19 infections