The association has mobilized donation from its staff and members to contribute to the city's Covid-19 prevention and control
Duong Huu Quyen, Chairman of the Vietnam - Cambodia Friendship Association in Hai Chau district gives support to the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee in Hai Chau district. Source: VNT
The Vietnam - Cambodia Friendship Association in Hai Chau district of Da Nang has donated 5 million VND to support the prevention and control of Covid-19 in the central city.
This association mobilized donations from staff and members to contribute to the city's pandemic prevention and control.
Chairman of Hai Chau district's Vietnam - Cambodia Friendship Association Duong Huu Quyen presented the cash donation to the Standing Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee in Hai Chau district on May 26.
Hoang Minh Trinh, vice chairman of the local Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee expressed his sincere thanks for the association's active contribution in the prevention and control of the pandemic, on behalf of the committee.
The number of domestically-transmitted Covid-19 cases in Vietnam has risen to 6,356, with 24 patients confirmed on the morning of May 28, according to the Ministry of Health. Of the new cases, 30 were recorded in Bac Giang, eight in Lang Son, and one each in Thai Binh and Long An provinces.
As many as 4,864 domestic cases have been logged since the nation was hit by a fourth Covid-19 wave on April 27, while impoted cases total 1,492.
Reports from the ministry’s Medical Examination Administration show that the country has seen 2,853 recoveries and 46 deaths related to the disease.
Another case was added to the domestic infection tally in Da Nang on May 27, raising the number of locally transmitted patients in the city to 155.
Though Da Nang has done exceptionally well in quickly containing Covid-19, the pandemic has taken an unprecedented toll on its economy, especially the tourism sector. However, the city and its people have shown solidarity in combating the virus.
A donation of 1 billion VND (43,000 U.S. dollars) will be sent from central Da Nang city to support five localities of Laos – Salavan, Champasak, Attapu, Savannakhet and Sekong – in the fight against Covid.
Earlier, the city also delivered medical equipment to support the hardest-hit Vietnamese provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang.
- Vietnam Cambodia Friendship Association branch in Hoa Tho Tay ward Cam Le district Da Nang established
- Friendship association provides aid for Cambodia to fight COVID-19
- Dak Nong s Vietnam – Cambodia Friendship Association holds third congress
- VUFO Friendship Association offers 200 000 in aid to Cambodia s Covid 19 fight
- Vietnam Laos Friendship Association offers more support to help Laos fight Covid 19
- Vietnamese Buddhists in Korea encourage Covid 19 prevention forces at southwest border
- Can Tho Friendship Union and Tho Dai Magazine send gifts to Vietnamese Khmer in Cambodia
- Kien Giang gifts USD 15 600 to poor Vietnamese born and local citizens in Cambodia
- Vietnamese friendship association donates over 100 ventilators to India