- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health confirmed 173 new Covid-19 community transmissions Friday evening, raising the tally of the new wave to 3,508.
Of the new cases, 123 was recorded in the country’s epicenter Bac Giang, 25 in HCMC, 20 in Bac Ninh, three in Hanoi and two in Lang Son.
The cases in Hanoi had direct contact with previously confirmed patients. All cases in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh are related to existing outbreaks in the provinces’ industrial parks.
In Lang Son, one case had direct contact with a Covid-19 patient and one is under medical tracking.
The cases in HCMC are linked to the religious mission cluster found on Wednesday.
On Friday, Vietnam recorded 253 domestic Covid-19 cases.
Vietnam entered its fourth wave of Covid-19 community transmission on April 27 and since then, 3,508 infections have been registered in 31 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang and its neighbor Bac Ninh still lead the nation with the highest number of infections, at 1,824 and 709 respectively, owing to their large-scale industrial parks which employ thousands of workers.
This article was originally published in VNExpress
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam records 77 new Covid-19 community transmissions Sunday evening
- Vietnam confirms another 48 domestic Covid-19 infections
- The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 1,678
- Vietnam confirms 117 new Covid-19 cases
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- Vietnam confirmed nine more Covid-19 community transmissions Wednesday morning
- Saigon surpasses Hanoi to become 3rd largest COVID-19 hotspot in Vietnam
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19