A medical worker disinfects an ambulance. The Ministry of Health has reported the 47th Covid-19 death – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 22-year-old female resident of Phu Tho Province, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country’s Covid-19 death toll to 47 as of this afternoon, May 28.
The deceased was found suffering aplastic anemia in March and was treated at the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
On April 21, the woman got worse and developed fever, so she was transferred to the Kim Chung campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases on April 29. When being admitted to the hospital, she was diagnosed with fungal blood infection.
On May 5, she tested positive for Covid-19.
Despite treatment efforts, she died at 9.48 p.m. on May 27 due to septic shock, fungal blood infection and Covid-19.
This is the 12th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- One more Covid-19 patient dies
- Covid-19 patient with liver cancer dies
- One more patient dies of Covid-19
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, death toll at 27
- Vietnam confirms ninth COVID-19-related death
- One Covid-19 patient dies
- Vietnam’s 46th Covid-19 death announced
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam confirms 38th coronavirus-related death