The Hoan My Sai Gon Hospital is locked down. HCMC has detected 12 more suspected Covid-19 cases – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – An additional 12 people in HCMC have tested positive for Covid-19, including a pregnant woman and her husband, son and colleague, and eight linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission in Go Vap District, according to the HCMC Center for Disease Control.
The pregnant woman and her husband residing in Tan Phu District were detected to be infected with Covid-19 after having medical checkups at the Hoan My Sai Gon Hospital on May 27. Their sources of infection remain unknown, according to the local media.
Their three-year-old son and a female colleague of the pregnant woman at a branch of the Vietnam International Bank in District 7 have also tested positive for Covid-19. The colleague is a resident of Thu Duc City’s Tang Nhon Phu B Ward.
The Hoan My Sai Gon Hospital has decided to stop receiving new patients today and tomorrow for disinfection to ensure safety for its patients and caregivers. It will resume its operation on May 30.
As for those linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission, three are members of the religious sect, four others are members in a family living near the house of a pastor of the religious sect, and the remainder is the pastor’s son-in-law living in Tan Phu District.
Thus, as many as 44 people linked to the religious sect have tested positive for Covid-19, including 32 members, four people working with a member and eight in close contact with members.
The HCMC Department of Health this morning also asked Tan Phu District Hospital to stop receiving new patients as three members of the Revival Ekklesia Mission who have tested positive for Covid-19 had visited the hospital.
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19
- 25 people linked to religious sect in HCMC infected with Covid-19
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Vinh Phuc reports eight suspected cases of Covid-19
- Bac Giang continues making up majority of new Covid-19 cases
- Covid-19-positive Danang resident visits many places in HCMC
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19