An area is under lockdown. The Ministry of Health this morning, May 26 confirmed 80 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Thanh Hoa and Hai Duong - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, May 26 confirmed 80 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Thanh Hoa and Hai Duong, taking the country’s tally to 5,931.
Among the latest cases, Bac Giang Province continued to report the biggest number of Covid-19 patients at 55, while Bac Ninh Province had 23 cases and Thanh Hoa and Hai Duong detected one case each.
Since April 27, Vietnam has reported 2,872 community-transmitted Covid-19 cases in 30 provinces and cities.
On May 25, 2,602 more people nationwide got vaccinated against Covid-19, raising the total number of doses of Covid-19 vaccine administered to prioritized groups of people to 1,034,072.
Due to the surge in the number of Covid-19 cases, Bac Giang Province today started rapid antigen testing in Nui Hieu, Trung Dong and Tam Tang in Viet Yen District, the province’s coronavirus hotspot, to quickly detect infected cases and curb the spread.
As many as 18,723 people live in the three localities, according to a representative of Viet Yen District.
Speaking at an online meeting with Bac Giang Province on May 25, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that the new coronavirus variants could spread through the air more quickly than others and replicate fast. As such, it is necessary to contain the spread of the virus as soon as possible.
In related news, last night, May 25, 288,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine ordered by the Vietnam Vaccine JSC arrived in HCMC, the local media reported.
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- Vietnam adds 20 cases to Covid-19 count
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities