Taking on the position of ASEAN Committee rotating chair in The Hague will promote Vietnam's active role in the international arena.
Vietnam Ambassador to the Netherlands chaired the first meeting as the rotating Chairman of the ASEAN Committee in The Hague (ACTH). The meeting was attended by Ambassadors of five ASEAN countries. (Photo: TG&VN)
On May 20, as the rotating chair of the ASEAN Committee in The Hague, Vietnam Embassy to the Netherlands hosted the first meeting with ambassadors of five ASEAN countries, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
At the meeting, Ambassador Pham Viet Anh affirmed that Vietnam would make efforts to promote the Committee's activities when the pandemic was better controlled, bringing practical results for the ACHT. Those activities include meeting the new Dutch leaders, holding seminars about Dutch foreign policies with Asia and Southeast Asia, meeting enterprises, visiting Dutch localities.
Ambassador from ASEAN countries. (Photo: TG&VN)
On this occasion, the ambassadors discussed recent important events in the Netherlands such as the 25th Session of the Conference of the States Parties (CSP 25), which oversees the implementation of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). They also discussed the political situation and policy forecast of the Netherlands after it formed the new government. Ambassadors shared experiences on how their countries negotiate and buy vaccines.
Taking on the position of ASEAN Committee rotating chair in The Hague will promote Vietnam's active role in the international arena and enhance mutual understanding and solidarity among ASEAN member states in The Hague, and also a favorable condition to strengthen Vietnam - the Netherlands cooperation.
- Laos highly values Vietnam as ASEAN Chair
- Vietnam ready for 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Second meeting of National Steering Committee and Organising Committee for AIPA 41 held
- Laos praises Vietnam’s performance as ASEAN Chair
- Egyptian newspaper praises Vietnam’s role as ASEAN Chair in 2020
- Top leader to address opening ceremony of 37th ASEAN Summit
- NA Vice Chairwoman meets diplomats of ASEAN countries, AIPA observers
- Vietnam works to promote role of AIPA
- ASEAN 2020: Six reports from ASEAN Secretary General adopted