A performance at the programme (Photo: toquoc.vn)
NDO – An art programme entitled ‘A Song of Unity’ was held at the Hanoi Opera House on May 24 to celebrate the success of the election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People’s Councils at all levels for the 2021-2026 tenure.
Hosted by Hanoi Radio and Television (HTV), the event was held with no live audience due to the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was broadcast live on HTV’s Channels 1 and 2.
Through music, reporting, and documentaries, the programme recalled the glorious history of the Vietnamese National Assembly as well as the country’s historical milestones and achievements since the National Assembly’s first general election on January 6, 1946.
The event also featured songs and dances praising President Ho Chi Minh and patriotism in general, by celebrated composers namely Hoang Viet, Thuan Yen, Tran Hoan, Van Cao and Do Nhuan.
Performances were staged by popular singers and artists including People’s Artist Thai Bao, Trong Tan, Le Anh Dung, and To Hoa, and the Duo and Thang Long dancing troupes.
- Art programme celebrates success of election of deputies to National Assembly
- Exhibition on National Assembly election opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Exhibition showcases the development of National Assembly
- Meeting examines preparations for upcoming general election
- Elections go as planned nationwide National Assembly Vice Chairman
- Lao ambassador believes in success of Vietnam s general elections
- Early election held in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
- National Assembly sets date for next election
- Hanoi s streets decorated for national election