Medical workers in Bac Giang prepare equipment to take samples for Covid-19 testing. A female worker in the province who had Covid-19 has been confirmed dead - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – A week after being hospitalized for Covid-19 treatment, a 38-year-old female worker in Bac Giang, the country’s largest Covid-19 hotspot, has been confirmed dead.
She died of septic shock and ARDS pneumonia caused by Covid-19, Bac Giang Province Chairman Le Anh Duong was quoted by Tuoi Tre Online newspaper as saying.
The deceased is a resident of Van Nham Commune, Huu Lung District, Lang Son Province, and a worker of Hosiden Vietnam Co., Ltd in the Quang Chau Industrial Park in Bac Giang’s Viet Yen District.
On May 18, she was diagnosed with Covid-19 and was taken to the Bac Giang General Hospital for treatment the next day. She died on the way to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi for further treatment today, May 24.
To date, Bac Giang has reported 980 Covid-19 cases. According to the provincial steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the number of new daily cases is dropping compared with previous days.
The patients have been mainly detected in quarantine centers and areas under lockdown.
In the next few days, the province will continue seeing more positive cases, but the number of daily cases will not be too high as large hotspots in the province have been brought under control.
As for the establishment of field hospitals and treatment facilities, the province has prepared sufficient beds and medical equipment.
- Health Minister sends condolences to dead health worker’s family
- Medical worker dies after coronavirus vaccination
- Most of new Covid-19 infections recorded in Bac Giang
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- Bac Giang continues making up majority of new Covid-19 cases
- One more patient dies of Covid-19
- Vietnam confirmed its 37th Covid-19 death
- Bac Giang sets up extra Covid-19 field hospital
- Bac Giang remains biggest Covid-19 hotspot