A medical worker takes samples from a boy for Covid-19 tests. Vietnam reported 33 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases this afternoon, mainly in Bac Giang Province – PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC – Vietnam reported 33 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in three localities this afternoon, May 24, sending the country’s Covid-19 tally to 5,308.
Bac Giang still recorded the biggest number of new infections, with 28 cases, while Hai Duong had four new cases and Danang detected one.
The new cases in Bac Giang were linked to the Quang Chau, Van Trung and Dinh Tram industrial zones. The northern province remains the country’s biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the latest outbreak, with 980 cases to date, followed by its neighbor Bac Ninh with 474 cases.
Bac Ninh has asked all citizens to complete health declarations via Ncovi or Bluezone apps on smartphones or website https://tokhaiyte.vn between May 24 and 26. Those who don’t have a smartphone or laptop can call hotline 18001119 for support.
People that have symptoms such as fever, loss of taste or shortness of breath should immediately contact the nearest medical centers. Those providing false information in their health declarations, which causes serious consequences, will be strictly punished.
Vietnam has reported 2,254 domestic Covid-19 cases in 30 cities and provinces in the fourth Covid-19 wave since April 27.
Following genetic sequencing of the patients' samples by the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, many recent Covid-19 patients in Danang City and Dien Bien Province were infected with the Covid-19 variants of B.1.617.2 from India and B.1.1.7 from the UK.
The B.1.617.2 and B.1.1.7 variants were first detected in Vietnam on April 30 and January 2, respectively, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Health Ministry confirms 50 fresh Covid-19 infections
- New Covid-19 cases surge in Danang
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- Majority of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 infections reported in Bac Giang
- Health Ministry confirms 22 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Bac Giang remains biggest Covid-19 hotspot with 78 new cases
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang