|British patient, the most critically ill coronavirus case in Vietnam, has made a miraculous recovery from the disease and he is scheduled to be discharged from hospital on July 11 and repatriated to his native country, Scotland, on July 12.|
The patient, dubbed patient 91 in Vietnam, has been declared virus free and is able to leave Ho Chi Minh City-based Cho Ray hospital. However, he was advised to stay in the hospital for further functional rehabilitation exercises before he leaves for home.
The 43-year-old man was infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus on March 18 and was admitted to HCM City’s Hospital of Tropical Diseases for treatment before being transferred to Cho Ray hospital. To date he has experienced a total of 112 days under treatment at both hospitals.
Doctors are putting the finishing touches to a plan to repatriate the pilot to the UK as agreed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam and the British Embassy.
Representatives of the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control are to have a final review meeting with Cho Ray Hospital on July 11 to examine the patient’s all health-related issues before handing him over to the British Consulate.
According to the Ministry of Health, three COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospital on July 7, taking to 345 the total number of COVID-19 patients fully recovering from the disease.
The remaining 24 patients are receiving treatment at several hospitals across the country, with 9 of them having tested negative for the virus at least once.
Vietnam has gone through 83 days without new locally transmitted infections. Newly-detected cases returned from epidemic hit countries and they were all placed in quarantine as soon as they landed in Vietnam.
- COVID-19: British pilot declared virus free
- COVID-19: British pilot to return to UK on July 12
- US CDC congratulates Cho Ray Hospital for successful treatment of Patient 91
- British pilot to leave Vietnam for home on certain conditions
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- British Covid-19 patient returns home after miraculous recovery in Vietnam
- US CDC congratulates Cho Ray Hospital for successful treatment of British Covid-19 patient
- COVID-19: British pilot to be discharged from hospital