A woman in HCMC casts her vote at a polling station in Tan Binh District - PHOTOS: LE VU
HCMC - Citizens nationwide came to polling stations to cast ballots to elect deputies to the 15th National Assembly (NA) and all-level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure this morning, May 23.
At the polling station No. 062 at Kindergarten 7 in Ward 7, Tan Binh District, HCMC, everything had been ready since 6 a.m. for the citizens to cast ballots.
Due to the complicated Covid-19 situation, the voters had to strictly comply with preventive measures such as wearing face masks, having their body temperatures checked, completing the health declarations and using hand sanitizers. They were also required to keep a safe physical distance from each other.
Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh was the first person to cast his vote to elect deputies to the NA and the HCMC People’s Council at this polling station.
Nguyen Trung Truc, a citizen from Ward 7, Tan Binh District, said he hoped his vote can contribute to electing highly-qualified deputies that will create a peaceful life for the people.
According to the HCMC Election Committee, the city had over 5.58 million voters casting ballots at 3,092 polling stations citywide. They elected 30 deputies to the NA from 50 candidates, 95 deputies to the HCMC People’s Council from 158 candidates and 40 deputies to the People’s Council of Thu Duc City from 67 candidates.
Below are photos taken by The Saigon Times reporters at the polling station No. 062 in Ward 7, Tan Binh District this morning.
A man has his temperature checked before entering the polling station
- Over 69 million voters to cast ballots
- Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan goes to the poll in An Giang province
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau holds early voting ahead of upcoming elections
- Early voting starts in border areas, islands
- In Photos Early voting held in border areas islands
- Early election held in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
- Voters need to make health declarations: home affairs minister
- Staying up all night to ensure the safety of polling stations
- National Election Council agrees to early voting in selected locations