Workers at an industrial zone wait for their Covid-19 tests. Vietnam reported 52 new Covid-19 cases this afternoon, May 22 - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC - Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 5,013 after the Ministry of Health confirmed 52 new cases, including 50 local transmissions and two imported cases, this afternoon, May 22.
The two imported cases are the children of an Indian expert. They came to Vietnam on May 7 and were immediately quarantined after arriving at the Noi Bai International Airport.
All of the locally transmitted cases were detected in the northern localities, with 34 in Bac Giang, 10 in Hanoi, four in Hung Yen and two in Hai Duong. They are people who came into contact with Covid-19 patients.
The authorities of Hanoi this morning locked down and disinfected building S2.02 of the Vinhomes Ocean Park urban area in Gia Lam District due to a suspected Covid-19 case.
Truong Quang Viet, deputy director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control, said a 39-year-old man living in the condo building, who had close contact with a Covid-19 patient in Hai Duong Province, has been found infected with Covid-19.
Hanoi is currently the third biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the fourth Covid-19 wave, with 276 domestic cases since late April. Bac Giang still takes the lead with 812 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 394 cases.
The Ministry of Health has distributed the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine of the third vaccination phase to 63 cities and provinces nationwide. Hanoi received the largest amount with 71,000 doses, followed by HCMC with 70,000 doses.
The vaccine was provided by the COVAX Facility. Cities and provinces are asked to complete the third phase of the national Covid-19 vaccination campaign prior to August 15, 2021.
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Six more Covid-19 cases detected in Hanoi, Hung Yen
- Health Ministry reports 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 21 in Hanoi
- Thirty-four new Covid-19 cases detected in six localities
- Health Ministry confirms 22 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry confirms 50 fresh Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally exceeds 4,000
- Vietnam reports nine new community cases of COVID-19 in five localities, including Hanoi