A citizen receives a COVID-19 jab (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The National Assembly (NA) Standing Committee has decided to allocate VND12.1 trillion (around US$523.28 million) from the remainder of last year’s State budget to buy COVID-19 vaccines.
NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue has recently signed a resolution of the NA Standing Committee on the use of the remainder of the State budget in 2020 for COVID-19 vaccine procurement.
Under the resolution, the NA Standing Committee assigns the Government to instruct ministries, agencies and localities to promptly roll out the procurement of COVID-19 vaccines in an effective and safe manner.
Amid the spread of COVID-19 nationwide, the sum is an important resource for Vietnam’s COVID-19 vaccination strategy in line with policies of the Politburo and the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat.
- PM approves additional US$53.63 million for COVID-19 vaccine purchase
- COVID-19 vaccine procurement an urgent task: PM
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary
- Procurement of Covid-19 vaccines an urgent task: PM
- NA approves resolution on relieving Nguyen Phu Trong from State Presidency
- Health Ministry to receive over VND1.2 trillion to buy Covid-19 vaccines
- NA Committees have new Chairpersons
- Hanoi authorities plan to purchase COVID-19 vaccine for all citizens
- Politburo member Dinh Tien Dung assigned as Secretary of Hanoi Party Committee