Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at a meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on May 21. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The northern provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang need to quickly resume the operation of businesses that satisfy epidemiological safety requirements, especially those with big supply chains, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said at a meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on May 21.
Deputy PM Dam, who is also head of the committee, ordered continuing to keep a close watch on pandemic clusters in the two provinces, saying Bac Giang needs to closely control workers at industrial parks to prevent the pandemic from spreading to other localities.
Testing methods should be renewed, not only in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang, but also other provinces, using information-technology in sample collection, testing and result release, he said.
The Deputy PM asked the Ministry of Health to soon issue guidelines to help enterprises purchase quick test kits and conduct screen testing for their employees when necessary.
It was reported at the meeting that as of 12:00 on May 21, Vietnam counted 4,833 COVID-19 cases, including 1,785 infections recorded in 30 cities and province since April 27 when the new wave of the pandemic started in the country.
Bac Giang province alone detected 668 cases, mostly in Van Trung and Quang Chau industrial parks. Meanwhile, its neighbouring province of Bac Ninh reported 317 cases, manly in Thuan Thanh district.
Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Dang Hoang An said a number of associations, enterprises and localities have proposed his ministry remove obstacles to production, business and goods circulation.
At the meeting, the Ministry of Public Security asked foreign-invested firms to set forth plans to closely manage foreign experts, saying they should stay in dormitories in factories, not commute between factories and residences.
The committee also suggested Bac Ninh and Bac Giang pilot home quarantine, and urged the health ministry to coordinate with localities to review COVID-19 treatment in the new situation.
- Deputy PM stresses prevention of COVID-19 transmission in industrial parks
- Deputy PM stresses prevention of COVID-19 transmission in IPs
- Deputy PM orders maintaining readiness in pandemic fight
- PM chairs first meeting of national steering committee for cyber security
- Bac Ninh told to mull over quarantining F1 cases at home
- Provinces exert more efforts to combat pandemic at industrial parks
- Pandemic fight should concentrate on high-risk areas: deputy PM
- COVID-19: Vietnam works to ensure safety in anticipation of resumption of int’l flights
- Deputy PM warns people to stay on guard against COVID-19