The largest-ever drug ring that operated via airway has been broken up by customs officers in Vietnam, with 16 suspects arrested and more than 127 kilograms of narcotics confiscated.
The Hanoi Customs Department under the General Department of Vietnam Customs had coordinated with customs officers at Noi Bai International Airport and relevant agencies to investigate the illegal ring since April 6.
The racket was operated via airway, with members located in Hanoi, northern Hai Duong Province, Ho Chi Minh City, and southern Binh Duong Province.
Sixteen suspects have been apprehended so far, with 127.5 kilograms of narcotics confiscated.
Among the seized drugs, 94.2 kilograms were found at ring members’ places of residence, while the other 33.3 kilograms were discovered inside four derelict parcels at the warehouse of Noi Bai International Airport.
This is considered the largest drug ring operating via airway to be busted in Vietnam.
Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh on Thursday awarded certificates of merit to officers under the municipal Customs Department and the customs unit at Noi Bai International Airport for the efforts in breaking up the illicit racket.
- Hanoi busts massive drug trafficking ring
- Hanoi man arrested for operating drug ring in mental hospital
- Vietnam raids large drug warehouse stocked from Cambodia
- Hanoi man arrested for running drug ring in mental institution
- Hanoi psychiatric hospital director suspended after patient found running drug ring on premises
- How a drug trafficking ring led by ex Korean cop busted in Vietnam?
- Drug trafficking ring busted at hospital in Hanoi
- Vietnam drug kingpin, four accomplices sentenced to death
- Hai Phong City’s police seize over 665 kilograms of drug