The Greenlines DP speedboat service has been temporarily suspended – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The HCMC Department of Transport has temporarily suspended the speedboat route connecting Bach Dang Wharf in District 1 with Can Gio District and Vung Tau City due to the complicated Covid-19 situation.
The route, which is operated by Greenlines DP Technology Co., Ltd, was put into service last year. The suspension of the speedboat service is aimed at ensuring the safety of the staff and passengers.
The HCMC Department of Transport has asked Greenlines DP Technology to inform customers of the suspension. The service will be reopened once the pandemic is brought under control.
The company will also collaborate with the HCMC Inland Waterway Port Authority to continue applying Covid-19 infection prevention and control measures, ensuring safety when the speedboat route is resumed.
Over the past three days, the city has reported five locally transmitted Covid-19 cases. The city has put some areas related to Covid-19 patients under lockdown and performed Covid-19 tests on over 6,100 people.
Besides, the HCMC government has set up 69 checkpoints across the city since May 15 to prevent the transmission of Covid-19.
These checkpoints are mainly located at crowded places such as seaports, bus stations, wharves, supermarkets and gateways. Healthcare, police and military forces take charge of these checkpoints around the clock.
- New shipping route allows faster transport of goods between HCMC and Australia
- Ho Chi Minh City launches first waterway tourism route
- HCMC proposes to continue managing terminals at Bach Dang Wharf
- New HCMC-Vung Tau ferry service enters operation
- Hanoi double-decker bus service resumed
- New express boat service linking HCMC and Binh Duong Province launched
- New express boat to link HCMC with Binh Duong
- Southern city pours capital in inland waterway wharves
- Ca Mau to launch its first sea route on July 7
- New express boat to link HCMC with neighboring province