Medical workers take samples from people at an industrial zone for Covid-19 tests. Industrial zones, economic zones and export processing zones are tightening control over the immigration of workers and experts to curb the spread of Covid-19 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Planning and Investment has asked the management boards of industrial, economic and export processing zones to tighten control over the immigration of workers and experts to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Workers who have immigrated illegally and foreigners illegally residing in these zones will be strictly punished.
The management boards of these zones were also asked to continue applying preventive measures following the directives of the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control. The workers must wear face masks, wash their hands regularly and maintain a safe physical distance from each other.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment requested that businesses collaborate closely with the local authorities and relevant agencies to implement Covid-19 infection prevention and control measures.
Some industrial zones, which employ a large number of workers, have become hotspots in the fourth Covid-19 wave. Hundreds of Covid-19 cases have been detected at the Van Trung and Quang Chau industrial zones in the northern province of Bac Giang, which is the country’s biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the latest outbreak to date.
The province has temporarily shut down four industrial zones comprising Dinh Tram, Quang Chau, Van Trung and Song Khe-Noi Hoang in Viet Yen District to curb the spread of the pandemic. These industrial zones are home to hundreds of enterprises with some 136,000 workers.
Le Anh Duong, chairman of Bac Giang Province, said the closure of industrial zones will affect the production of businesses and livelihoods of workers. However, the situation would become extremely worrying if they continue operations. Besides, the safety of the community must be the top priority.
- Workers in HCMC must make daily health declarations
- Bac Giang shuts down four industrial zones due to Covid-19
- Three industrial zones in Dong Nai province added to master plan
- Vinh Phuc asks firms to conduct Covid-19 tests on workers
- HCMC plans to build a new hi-tech industrial park in Binh Chanh
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Industrial zones nationwide attract US$6 billion in FDI
- Many industrial zones left idle wastefully
- HCMC estimates VND80 trillion in tourism revenue in 2020
- Vietnam draws US$8.5 billion into industrial parks and economic zones in 9 months