A healthcare worker is seen collecting samples from a man in Dien Bien Province for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has announced another Covid-19 death, a local man with underlying medical conditions – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health announced another Covid-19 death, an 81-year-old man with underlying health conditions. This is the second death linked to the coronavirus today, May 20, and the 39th death since the pandemic hit Vietnam early last year.
The ministry said that he died of septic shock, sepsis and septic arthritis and had cirrhosis, diabetes, hypertension and Covid-19.
According to the ministry’s national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the deceased had a medical history of knee arthritis for years, cirrhosis, diabetes, hypertension and gout.
On May 3, he was admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi for blood sepsis. He tested positive for the coronavirus on May 11 and was taken into intensive care and put on a ventilator.
His condition worsened yesterday and he died last night.
This is the fourth Covid-19 death in the latest coronavirus wave since April 27 in Vietnam.
This morning, a 64-year-old Covid-19 patient died of septic shock, liver cancer, chronic hepatitis B, hemophagocytic syndrome, leucopenia and Covid-19.
- First COVID-19 death this year
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, raising death toll to 17
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- One former COVID-19 patient dies due to serious chronic diseases
- Six new cases, one more COVID-19-related death reported
- Vietnam confirms 38th coronavirus-related death
- Vietnam records 44 new local cases and 38th Covid-19 death on Thursday noon
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, death toll at 27
- Vietnam reports another COVID-19 death, 20 new cases
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, tally now at 18