Covid-19 patients are treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. Vietnam has reported the 38th Covid-19 death - PHOTO: LDO
HCMC - A 64-year-old woman who was infected with Covid-19 while being hospitalized for liver cancer treatment in Hanoi died on May 19, raising Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll to 38.
The subcommittee of treatment under the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control today, May 20, announced that the woman died of septic shock, liver cancer, chronic hepatitis B, hemophagocytic syndrome, leucopenia and Covid-19.
Suffering from chronic hepatitis B for 10 years and being diagnosed with liver cancer four months ago, she was taken to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for the cancer treatment on May 4. She was announced a Covid-19 patient on May 8 while staying at the hospital, the local media reported.
This is the third patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27, following the deaths of an 89-year-old woman and a 34-year-old man in Bac Ninh Province.
- Vietnam records 44 new local cases and 38th Covid-19 death on Thursday noon
- Liver cancer patient dies at quarantine center
- One more Covid-19 patient dies
- Vietnam confirms 38th coronavirus-related death
- Ministry of Health confirms additional 30 domestic COVID-19 cases
- Liver cancer on the rise in Vietnam
- Four more Covid-19 patients die
- Three elderly Covid-19 patients die
- Two Covid-19 patients with cancer die in Hanoi
- One Covid-19 patient dies