Vietnam records 30 more domestic Covid-19 patients on Thursday morning.
Since the new wave started on April 27, 1,678 local cases have been recorded in 29 cities and provinces.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The new patients were recorded in the north-central province of Thanh Hoa and five northern provinces of Lang Son, Ninh Binh, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong and Bac Giang.
In Bac Giang, 13 cases are associated with a cluster at Quang Chau Industrial Park in Viet Yen District of which operation has been suspended.
In Bac Ninh, eight cases are related to a hotspot and have already been isolated before their tests arrived positive.
Five cases in Hai Duong were detected via mass testing.
Two cases in Ninh Binh are linked to a hotspot and have also been quarantined. They have made the first cases recorded in the province in this new Covid-19 wave.
The case in Thanh Hoa is a worker at the Quang Chau IP in Bac Giang.
Since the new wave started on April 27, 1,678 local cases have been recorded in 29 cities and provinces, including 618 in Bac Giang and 361 in Bac Ninh.
Hanoi has recorded 257 cases, including 118 cases in two hospitals under lockdown while HCMC reported three, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam confirms another 48 domestic Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam’s domestic Covid-19 tally was up by 33 on Thursday morning
- Hai Duong records eight new domestic Covid-19 cases
- Just one new community case in Vietnam Tuesday morning
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- Saigon surpasses Hanoi to become 3rd largest COVID-19 hotspot in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 117 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Vietnam adds another 56 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday at noon, total reaches 3,593
- Vietnam logs 56 new COVID-19 cases by noon on Wednesday, total reaches 3,593