COVID-19 testing in Bac Giang province (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam reported 36 new COVID-19 cases in the past six hours to 12:00pm on May 19, all in quarantine facilities or sealed off areas, announced the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Of the cases, 10 each were in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh provinces, nine in Hanoi, three in Hai Duong, and one each in Tan Trieu facility of the National Cancer Hospital, Dien Bien, Thai Binh and Vinh Phuc.
The national COVID-19 tally reached 4,579, including 3,108 domestic infections.
The number of cases since April 27, when the new outbreak began, now stands at 1,538.
According to the MoH’s sub-committee for treatment, 2,687 patients were given the all-clear. The death toll stood at 37.
Among those still under treatment, 37 have tested negative for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once, 29 others twice, and 23 thrice.
Since the pandemic has become more complicated, people should strictly follow the MoH’s 5K message: khau trang (facemask), khu khuan (disinfection), khoang cach (distance), khong tu tap (no gathering), and khai bao y te (health declaration).
- 127 new COVID-19 cases reported on May 16 morning
- Vietnam detects 86 new COVID-19 cases in six hours
- Vietnam records 117 COVID-19 cases in six hours
- Vietnam reports additional 18 COVID-19 infections
- No new COVID-19 cases over 12 hours, death toll at 25
- 33 new local COVID-19 infections recorded, all in quarantined, sealed-off areas
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- May 9 morning sees 15 new domestic cases of COVID-19