A medical worker takes samples from a resident for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has reported 36 more Covid-19 cases – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this afternoon, May 19, reported 36 new domestic Covid-19 cases at quarantine centers and areas on lockdown in seven provinces and cities.
Among the latest locally-transmitted cases, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh had 10 cases each, Hanoi City reported nine and Hai Duong Province confirmed three. One each was reported at K Hospital’s Tan Trieu Campus and in Dien Bien, Thai Binh and Vinh Phuc provinces.
Since April 27, the country’s total number of domestic Covid-19 infections has reached 1,539.
In another development, the Ministry of Health has released the results of a genetic analysis of samples infected with the coronavirus in some provinces and cities in Vietnam.
The results showed that 29 samples in Hanoi, K Hospital, Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Vinh Phuc and Haiphong tested positive for the B.1.617.2 variant, first identified in India, while two others in Hai Duong Province were diagnosed with the variant that was first found in the United Kingdom.
The new coronavirus variants were found to be stronger and more transmissible, and hurt patients more seriously than other previously-detected variants, according to the results.
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam identifies three locally-infected cases of Indian coronavirus variant
- 21 fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Vietnam has 20 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Majority of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 infections reported in Bac Giang
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 community transmission tally increases by 28