Recent rumors that authorities in Ho Chi Minh City request people to not leave homes between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am the next day are false, the municipal deputy chairman Duong Anh Duc says.
On Tuesday evening, an announcement titled 'New direction from the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City' that included several restrictions on travel, public gatherings, transportation, education, and business activities was circulated on social media.
The ban on traveling outside between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am the next day was also among those mentioned in the list.
Ho Chi Minh City deputy chairman Duong Anh Duc immediately refuted the rumors later on the same evening, according to the Ho Chi Minh City Press Center.
Duc affirmed the municipal authorities did not issue any direction like the rumored announcement.
Giving the same refutation as Duc’s, the Department of Information and Communications of Ho Chi Minh City said it will coordinate with relevant functional forces to inspect and strictly handle the act of spreading false and fabricated information, affecting the city’s COVID-19 prevention and control.
Vietnam has so far reported 4,543 patients, including 30 local cases announced on Wednesday morning.
Recoveries have reached 2,687 while 37 virus-related deaths have been reported.
The Southeast Asian country has confirmed 1,503 domestic cases in 28 provinces and cities since April 27, when it began to deal with a fourth wave following around a month of no known community transmission, according to the health ministry’s data.
Ho Chi Minh City has registered two cases in this round.
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – May 19
- HCM City announces digital transformation programme
- Da Nang authorities meet on COVID-19 prevention and control
- Binh Duong proposes bus line linking Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong
- HCM City applies localised social distancing to prevent virus spread
- Ho Chi Minh City shuts bars, bans gatherings to battles new coronavirus outbreak
- Over 430 stranded visitors in Da Nang will return to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Non-essential services are forced to close in Saigon
- Authorities in HCMC detect Covid-19 rule violators
- HCMC Information and Communications Dept gets new head