A co-worker of a Ho Chi Minh City coronavirus patient who was confirmed by the Ministry of Health on Wednesday morning tested positive for the pathogen on Tuesday, according to the municipal Department of Health.
The coronavirus patient, 35-year-old N.Q.N. of Deloitte Vietnam, first tested positive for the coronavirus at Vinmec Central Park International Hospital in Binh Thanh District on Monday after having a fever, cough, and sore throat, a Thu Duc City Medical Center spokesperson told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Tuesday morning.
N., who lives in Block A1 of Sunview Town Apartment Buildings in Hiep Binh Phuoc Ward, Thu Duc City, which is under Ho Chi Minh City, retested positive for COVID-19 at the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases on Tuesday afternoon, said Dr. Dinh Thi Hai Yen from the municipal Center for Disease Control.
The Ministry of Health recorded him as patient No. 4,514 on Wednesday morning.
One of his co-workers tested positive on Tuesday, the Department of Health said.
She lives in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City and works in the same place as N. in District 3.
The woman came to Hai Phong in northern Vietnam on April 24 and returned to Ho Chi Minh City on May 5, according to an epidemiological investigation. The health ministry has not logged this case as of Wednesday morning.
Health workers have sectioned off related sites, disinfected them, and proceeded with contact tracing.
They have tested over 10,000 people in association with N. and his co-worker, with their results still pending.
Vietnam has so far reported 4,543 patients, including 30 local cases announced on Wednesday morning.
Recoveries have reached 2,687 while 37 virus-related deaths have been reported.
The Southeast Asian country has confirmed 1,503 domestic cases in 28 provinces and cities since April 27, when it began to deal with a fourth wave following around a month of no known community transmission, according to the health ministry’s data.
Ho Chi Minh City has registered two cases, except for N.’s co-worker, in this round.
Vietnam had administered more than one million coronavirus vaccine shots, mostly to medical staff and other frontline workers, by 6:00 pm on Tuesday, the health ministry said in a report on Wednesday morning.
Almost 29,000 have received two injections.
- At least 6,700 to be tested over new coronavirus case in Ho Chi Minh City
- Apartment block in HCMC locked down over positive coronavirus case
- Ho Chi Minh City: Recovered COVID-19 patient tests positive again
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case
- Masseuse in Da Nang tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19 patient in Ho Chi Minh City found carrying UK coronavirus variant
- Saigon alley cleared as hundreds of suspected coronavirus patient’s contacts test negative
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- One new Covid-19 case confirmed this morning after fourth test