The container of 15 tons of used rubber gloves detected at Cat Lai Port in HCMC - PHOTO: HCMC CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT
HCMC – The Saigon Port Customs Office – Zone 1 under the HCMC Customs Department on May 17 detected a container with 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China by Binh Thanh District-based VHC Global Co., Ltd while it was completing customs procedures at the Cat Lai Port.
The used gloves, which were dirty medical gloves and had no labels, were contained in hundreds of bags. However, the company declared that the container consisted of completely new rubber gloves used by households, the local media reported.
Last year, the city discovered many poor-quality gloves production and import cases. In August last year, the Police Division for Corruption, Smuggling and Economic Crimes under the HCMC Police Department detained two people for allegedly producing and trading in more than 53 tons of poor-quality gloves.
- HCMC finds nearly 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China
- Should health workers change their gloves between sampling individuals for COVID-19 testing?
- Cat Lai Port faces huge container backlogs, shortage of personnel
- Overloaded Cat Lai Port to suspend receiving goods
- Cat Lai Port seeks to clear huge container backlog
- Low-quality face mask producers publicly shamed
- HCMC detects over 300,000 medical products allegedly smuggled from China
- Difficulty in customs management of independent transport of goods
- City leader requires customs agency to better service to boost economic growth