The container of 15 tons of used rubber gloves detected at Cat Lai Port in HCMC - PHOTO: HCMC CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT
HCMC – The Saigon Port Customs Office – Zone 1 under the HCMC Customs Department on May 17 detected a container with 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China by Binh Thanh District-based VHC Global Co., Ltd while it was completing customs procedures at the Cat Lai Port.
The used gloves, which were dirty medical gloves and had no labels, were contained in hundreds of bags. However, the company declared that the container consisted of completely new rubber gloves used by households, the local media reported.
Last year, the city discovered many poor-quality gloves production and import cases. In August last year, the Police Division for Corruption, Smuggling and Economic Crimes under the HCMC Police Department detained two people for allegedly producing and trading in more than 53 tons of poor-quality gloves.
- HCMC finds nearly 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China
- Low-quality face mask producers publicly shamed
- Difficulty in customs management of independent transport of goods
- City leader requires customs agency to better service to boost economic growth
- Four rubber cushions at HCMC’s first metro line found displaced
- One more rubber cushion at HCMC’s first metro line found displaced
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau Customs makes effort to handle nearly 400 containers of backlogged scrap
- Two more metro trains set to arrive in HCMC next week
- Rubber industry needs to develop production chain
- Codes of many warehouses, yards and ports at Hai Phong changed