A view of the Sunview Town apartment building in Thu Duc City. The entire Block A1 of the apartment building area in Hiep Binh Phuoc Ward in HCMC’s Thu Duc City has been locked down – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – The entire Block A1 of the Sunview Town apartment building area in Hiep Binh Phuoc Ward in HCMC’s Thu Duc City has been locked down after a man who lives in the block tested positive for Covid-19 once.
Competent forces this morning, May 18, cordoned off the block, while preventing the residents there from going out. The residents at Block A1 will have their samples taken for Covid-19 testing, the local media reported.
The man, identified as N.Q.N., aged 35, is an employee at Deloitte Company in District 3. He tested positive for the virus once on May 17 after visiting Vinmec Central Park International Hospital for a medical checkup as he developed symptoms of fever, cough and sore throat, according to a representative of the Thu Duc Healthcare Center.
His samples were sent to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases for a second Covid-19 test.
After the suspected case was detected, competent forces disinfected the apartment building and informed the HCMC Center for Disease Control of the case for quarantine and contact tracing operations.
The preliminary result showed that the man did not leave HCMC over the past 30 days, but came into close contact with an Indian expert.
- Condo building in Hanoi locked down after Indian expert tests positive for Covid-19
- HCMC residents buying cough, fever medicines have to declare health status
- Two eateries in HCMC locked down due to Covid-19 case
- Bac Ninh locks down company dormitory due to Covid-19
- HCMC locks down alley in District 3 as new Covid-19 case found
- Coffee shop on Bui Vien Street under lockdown due to new Covid-19 case
- Woman’s decapitated body found in HCMC apartment building
- Building in Times City locked down
- Girl falls to death from 24th floor in Hanoi
- Cryptology Asset Group Purchases Additional Block.one Shares in the amount of $30 million