Residents in HCMC’s District 3 check the list of voters at a polling station. As many as 69,198,594 eligible voters nationwide are expected to go to the polls on the national election day – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – As many as 69,198,594 eligible voters nationwide are expected to go to the polls on national election day to elect deputies to the 15th National Assembly and all-level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure.
The National Election Council today, May 18, held a national conference to launch the national election day, the local media reported.
Minister of Home Affairs Pham Thi Thanh Tra said that the election committees in provinces and cities had been established in line with the prevailing regulations, with 63 province-level election committees, 682 district-level committees and 10,134 commune-level ones.
To ensure the election takes place smoothly, as many as 84,767 teams nationwide have been formed to run polling stations.
Despite the unpredicted and complicated development of Covid-19, many provinces and cities have been well-prepared for the election while adopting Covid-19 safety measures.
Up to now, the National Election Council has allowed 15 localities, Haiphong, Can Tho, Ca Mau, Quang Binh, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Binh Dinh, Daklak, Dak Nong, Kon Tum, Hau Giang, Kien Giang, Nghe An and Bac Lieu, to hold the election earlier than the actual election day.
Besides, the Ministry of Home Affairs has sent inspection teams to some provinces and cities to give directions and guidelines associated with the election.
- Early election held in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
- Voters need to make health declarations: home affairs minister
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau holds early voting ahead of upcoming elections
- Hanoi s streets decorated for national election
- National Election Council agrees to early voting in selected locations
- Preparations for national election inspected
- Americans go to the polls
- Meeting examines preparations for upcoming general election
- More than 60 million early votes have been cast in US presidential election
- US Election Trump wins in Iowa poll hints at firing Dr Anthony Fauci Biden leads nationwide