Vietnam added 19 local coronavirus cases on Tuesday morning, the majority in Hanoi, the Ministry of Health said in a morning update.
The new infections were detected in quarantine zones, the ministry noted.
Hanoi found 13 of the cases, Ha Nam three patients, Dien Bien Province two, and Son La one.
The Southeast Asian nation has confirmed 1,340 domestic cases in 28 provinces and cities since April 27, when it began to deal with a fourth wave following around a month of no known community transmission, according to the health ministry’s data.
Bac Giang Province is sitting atop with 411 cases, followed by Bac Ninh Province with 290, Hanoi with 239, Da Nang with 142, and Vinh Phuc Province with 87.
Ho Chi Minh City has detected only one domestic case in this fourth wave.
Vietnam has logged 4,378 local and imported infections since the coronavirus emerged in the Southeast Asian nation on January 23, 2020, including 2,668 recoveries and 37 virus-related deaths, according to the health ministry’s data.
Most of the fatalities had suffered serious pre-existing medical conditions.
The country is quarantining over 108,000 people who either came into close contact with infected patients or from virus-hit regions.
Health workers have conducted nearly 483,000 COVID-19 tests since April 27.
Japan will help Vietnam ensure a proper supply of COVID-19 vaccine shots, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga told his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Minh Chinh during their phone talks on Monday.
PM Chinh said at a cabinet meeting that Vietnam is keeping the virus at bay, infection sources having been identified so far.
But the country is still at high risk of further transmission so authorities must stick to current safety measures, he underlined.
- Vietnam records daily increase of 52 local infections: health ministry’s midday update
- 127 local coronavirus infections added to Vietnam’s tally: morning update
- Vietnam announces sharpest-ever daily rise in local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam reports daily increase of 181 domestic coronavirus infections
- Vietnam adds more than 100 domestic coronavirus infections in one day
- Vietnam adds more than 100 local coronavirus infections in one day
- Vietnam confirms 115 local coronavirus infections in 24 hours
- Over 1,200 local coronavirus infections registered in Vietnam in 3 weeks
- Vietnam health ministry provides unusual noon update as local COVID-19 infections accelerate
- Vietnam reports whopping daily climb of 187 local COVID-19 infections