All of the new cases are recorded in quarantine sites. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam documented 19 COVID-19 cases in the past 12 hours as of 6:00 am on May 18, all of which were recorded in quarantine sites, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the total cases, Hanoi recorded 13, Ha Nam three, Dien Bien two, and Son La one.
The country has logged 2,909 domestically-transmitted infections, and 1,469 imported cases so far. As many as 1,339 new cases were detected since the latest outbreak hit the nation on April 27.
A total of 108,288 people who came in close contact with COVID-19 patients or arrived from pandemic-hit areas are being quarantined nationwide, including 1,611 at hospitals, 31,708 at other quarantine sites, and 74,969 at home or accommodations.
Among the COVID-19 patients, 46 have tested negative for the SARS-CoV-2 virus once, 26 twice, and 28 thrice.
The country has seen 2,668 recoveries, and 37 deaths.
Director of the ministry’s Department of Medical Examination and Treatment Luong Ngoc Khue asked leading hospitals in terms of intensive care such as Bach Mai Hospital, National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and Cho Ray Hospital to improve lower-level facilities’ capacity in resuscitation and intensive care.
Among more than 1,400 COVID-19 patients in over 60 medical stations, 71.6 percent showed no symptoms of COVID-19. There are 49 patients in serious conditions.
Since the pandemic has become more complicated, people should strictly follow the Ministry of Health’s 5K message: khau trang (facemask), khu khuan (disinfection), khoang cach (distance), khong tu tap (no gathering), and khai bao y te (health declaration).
- Vietnam logs 35 COVID-19 infections on early May 13
- COVID-19: 21 imported cases logged on April 15
- Vietnam records 117 COVID-19 cases in six hours
- Vietnam has no new COVID-19 cases early Sept 23
- Vietnam records no COVID-19 cases early Sept 9
- Three imported COVID-19 cases recorded on December 18
- Vietnam reports no COVID-19 cases in past 12 hours
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon
- Four imported cases of COVID-19 recorded on January 7