A medical worker uses a swab to collect samples from a local woman for Covid-19 testing. The health authority of HCMC today, May 17, asked pharmacists citywide to instruct people who buy medicines for fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms to declare their health status – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The health authority of HCMC today, May 17, asked pharmacists citywide to require people who buy medicines for fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms to declare their health status, aimed at promptly detecting community-infected cases amid the complicated Covid-19 situation.
Buyers of such types of medicines have to make health declarations via the website at tokhaiyte.vn or mobile apps, namely NCOVI, Vietnam Health Declaration, according to Nguyen Hoai Nam, deputy director of the HCMC Department of Health, reported VnExpress.
Also, retailing pharmacies were told to report suspected Covid-19 cases to the local competent forces or to Covid-19-related hotlines.
The city will strictly tackle any pharmacy that fails to comply with the requirement and causes community coronavirus transmission, he added.
The latest resurgence of Covid-19 has been raging in Vietnam since April 27, spreading to 27 provinces and cities already. Up to now, HCMC has reported one locally-infected case. The local health authority has raised the city’s Covid-19 alert risk to the highest level and actively adopted various preventive measures.
- HCMC to start receiving stranded tourists in Da Nang City from August 12
- HCMC quarantines six cases linked to 1,553rd Covid-19 patient
- Over 80% Covid-19 patients in VN show mild symptoms and recover on their own
- Travelers to Hai Duong Province must declare health status, undergo tests
- Local carriers asked to deny passengers flouting health declarations
- HCMC asks all hospitals to test employees, patients, caregivers for Covid-19
- HCMC has one diphtheria case
- Health facilities asked to accelerate responses amid more complicated outbreak
- Vietnam Covid-19 Latest News: Two new community transmission cases in Da Nang and Quang Ngai