Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO – The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) has just sent an official dispatch to the chairpersons of the People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities on strengthening the direction for the implementation of the 2020-2021 school year plan.
Recently, in the face of complicated developments of the COVID-19 epidemic at a time when preschool, general education and continuing education institutions were preparing to end the school year, localities actively and promptly directed the adjustment of the school year plan to both ensure epidemic prevention and control and the completion of the 2020-2021 school year.
According to reports from Departments of Education and Training, up to now, 12th grade students have completed the programme and are focusing on preparing for the graduation exam. Most localities in the country completed the school year before May 31, 2021, in accordance with the 2020-2021 school year planning framework of the MoET.
The MoET highly appreciated localities' initiatives and proposed chairpersons of the People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities to continue directing Departments of Education and Training and relevant units to seriously implement the prevention and control of theCOVID-19 epidemic at educational institutions, thusensuring the safety of students; proactively adjust the teaching plan in the direction of combining face-to-face and online teaching, and complete the programme before May 31, 2021. For preschool education, online teaching for children will not be organised, and parents will be supported and guided in caring for and educating their children at home.
The high school graduation exam for 12th grade students should be well organised in the direction of combining face-to-face and online teaching in accordance with the actual conditions in each locality and educational institution. In particular, it is necessary to pay attention to, encourage and support students who are F1, F2 subjects and undergoing isolation according to regulations to participate in exam review by online form.
As of 5:00 p.m. on May 16, the final deadline to apply for online university admission in 2021, the total number of registered candidates counted 3.8 million.
- Over 26,000 students sit 2nd round of national high school exam
- Da Nang, Quang Nam allowed to delay national high school exam due to Covid-19
- Covid-19 patients in high school exempt from graduation exams
- Over one million students register for high school graduation exams
- More than 30 localities keep school closures, exams to be flexible
- Over 98% of Vietnam high school students pass national exam
- Candidates of graduation examination must be given good conditions: Deputy PM
- Over 70% of high school graduates apply for universities
- Vietnam maps out scenarios against Covid-19 for national high school exam