Medical workers of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases treat a Covid-19 patient. A 34-year-old Covid-19 patient has been confirmed dead - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll has reached 37 as a 34-year-old Covid-19 patient in Hanoi was confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health this morning, May 17.
The deceased, a male resident of Bac Ninh Province, died of traumatic brain injury, meningitis, respiratory failure and pneumonia caused by Covid-19 on May 16, the local media reported.
The man was taken to the second campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi on April 24 following a traffic accident that caused him brain injury. He got infected with Covid-19 while staying at the hospital.
This is the second patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27, following an 89-year-old woman, who was also a resident of Bac Ninh and suffered serious underlying heath conditions.
- One Covid-19 patient dies
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, tally now at 18
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, death toll at 27
- First COVID-19 death this year
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, raising death toll to 17
- One more COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam